I was having trouble getting adequate HF response from one of my three Altec horns and found that 1) using a thinner gasket and 2) tightening the bolts holding the driver to the horn resolved the problem.
Are there standards for both 1 and 2?
I was having trouble getting adequate HF response from one of my three Altec horns and found that 1) using a thinner gasket and 2) tightening the bolts holding the driver to the horn resolved the problem.
Are there standards for both 1 and 2?
MT

Yes there is what horns are you using.And it is required to keep the driver snug to the horn.Go to the bottom of this link to see what thickness gasket you need.If you are using Multicells.All depends on the horns you are using.
http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...ar%20Horns.pdf
They're Flamenco's with 806A drivers and 811B horns on the L and R speakers and a 9844A in the center. It was one of the Flamenco's that gave me a problem, now resolved by tightening the mounting bolts.
MT

The driver is loaded by the air in the horn...without that loading , ie if you have an air leak, the sound won't be right
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
don't know what the torque value would be but I have the same horns and drivers and just run the nuts down finger tight and than about a 1/3 turn with a wrench,, they could still be tightened more but I have never had any leakage with this process,,
Derry
Many thanks to you all
MT
Bookmarks